We strive to have a welcoming and inclusive environment open to all and we welcome people with disabilities. For questions about accessibility or to request an accommodation, please select your requirements on the registration form or contact Annabelle Gamet at firstname.lastname@example.org or + 1 617 949 0739 with questions. Requests should be made at least 3 weeks prior to the event.
The MIT Media Lab and List galleries and building are wheelchair accessible. Visitors in wheelchairs can access the List or the Media Lab from the ramp on Ames Street. The entrance to the first floor closest to Ames Street – directly across from the ramp – is equipped with swinging power doors.
Handicapped-accessible parking is located nearby at the intersection of Ames and Amherst Streets.
There are a few public parking facilities near campus which are available for a fee. The approximate cost for an 8-hour stay is listed below (these parking facilities are not operated by MIT, so rates are subject to change without notice). On-street parking near the Media Lab is rare. Ames Street has limited metered parking and Memorial Drive has free parking, but tend to fill up quickly.
- 7 Cambridge Center Garage—Ames Street between Broadway and Main Streets. This garage is about two blocks away from the Media Lab.
- Marriott Hotel Garage/Cambridge Center—Between Broadway and Ames Streets. This garage is about two blocks away from the Media Lab.
- Kendall Square South Garage—350 Kendall Street—view site for current rates. This garage is a 5-10 minute walk from the Media Lab.
- One Broadway Garage—Enter from Third Street. This garage is a 5-10 minute walk from the Media Lab.
- Corner of Massachusetts Avenue and Vassar Street. This is about a 10-15 minute walk from the Media Lab.
- University Park—Green and Landsdowne Streets. 5 minute walk to Central Square, 15-20 minute walk to the Media Lab